Tuesday, March 23, 2010

Wildflowers

I'm hoping there will be a good wildflower bloom in Death Valley this year. There has been lots of rain and there is reportedly some good ground cover already. I'm shooting for the middle of April and will be going up for the weekend of the 17th and 18th. With that in mind I booked a room at the lovely Motel 6 for Friday and Saturday nights. It is close enough to Death Valley to gain quick access to the park and doesn't cost nearly as much as the hotels in the park. (Not to mention they are sold out anyway.)

Currently the plan is seek out the wildflower blooms the parched landscape. Perhaps a Kayaker or two will be out in Badwater for the chance to do some paddling nearly 300 feet bellow sea level. I would also like to hit Racetrack Playa and would love to be there for sunrise or sunset but that will depend on the road conditions. Perhaps a trip through Titus canyon might be in order as well. The plan is open at this point and the main points thus far are the wildflowers, sunrise/sunset and Racetrack Playa.

I'm posting a bit earlier this time and anybody is welcome to tag along for all or part of the weekend. I have room for three or drive yourself. Currently the only plans that would require an off road vehicle would be the Racetrack.

If you have been to Death Valley before the rare wildflower blooms are wonderful contrast. If you have never been there then you have been missing some truely unique sights.

And I can guarantee it will be a better time than my last trip through Death Valley:



=8^o

No comments:

Post a Comment