Sunday, March 7, 2010

Stone and Wood

This is just a quick snap from my trip over the Muddy Mountains. There were some really amazing formations on that drive and I could see spending a weekend just exploring the area.


These next two are from Saturday in Rhyolite. Weather worn wood has always fascinated me. This looked a lot better when I was setting up the shot, I'm not really happy with the composition of the shot but the texture of the wood is awesome.


Wooden planks that have been exposed to the desert for twenty five years.


One of my favorite pictures is a shot I took in high school using a pin hole camera. The camera is sitting on the plank of a bleacher and you can see the grain and chipped pain down the entire length. I'll have to see if I can find that picture and scan it in.

No comments:

Post a Comment