Tuesday, February 2, 2010

Photography gets wet


I found a deal on ebay that was too good to pass up. I got an Ikelite underwater housing for my D70 at a great price. Even better is that it came with a D70 body! One more body closer to my dream setup... I'm up to two D70s and a D60. Next one gets converted to IR. ;^)

Now I just need a port for the front. They are matched to the lens and don't normally come with the housings. Oh, then I need to get to Belize and do some diving. The sacrifices you have to make for the art! hehe

2 comments:

  1. but isn't there any protection for the lens? I'm still very curious what it looks like when the whole thing attached and how it work, still don't see how water won't get in... :-p

    ReplyDelete
  2. You are correct. There isn't a lens port on the housing. You have to buy those separately because they are matched to the lens. The guy who sold this rig kept the port because he can use it on his new D200 housing.

    I won't be going to Belize anytime soon so I will wait to get the dome port. I was starting to think about planning a trip but then my Mom threw me a curve - It seems the whole family will be in Guatemala for Easter and I just found a room that fits my budget. (I couldn't afford the $195 a night they are paying.) So it seems my next diving adventure will have to wait a little longer. ;^)

    Anyway, let me know if you want to take a look at the housing. I can bring it back into the office anytime. You can also read up on them at http://ikelite.com/

    ReplyDelete