Wednesday, July 20, 2011

Weird...

Not sure what these beetle things are actually called but I found them interesting especially since these are just the outer skin of the beetle...the actual beetle has left the building leaving it's skin and legs behind! I'm really glad the beetle wasn't actually there because I discovered them while at my soccer game. I was standing about an inch away from this one and didn't even know it! All the trees in the area were covered with these beetle skins, yuck!

2 comments:

  1. It's a Cicada's molted shell. I get them all over my stuccoed retaining wall. I also think it's pretty cool that their shells stay so intact.

    ReplyDelete
  2. http://pinktentacle.com/2008/08/cicada-shell-cosplay/

    When I was trying to figure out how to spell Cicada, I came across this.

    ReplyDelete