Monday, January 4, 2010

Lens test


50mm (Nikon 50mm prime f1.8), f4, 1/800, ISO 200


70mm (Nikon 18-70mm f3.5-4.5), f5.6, 1/200, ISO 200


300mm (Quantary 70-300mm f4-5.6, f6, 1/400, ISO 200

I took some Moon shots and only got blown out images. Yu-ting suggested a faster shutter speed and low and behold the pictures came out much better. That's what I get for trusting too much in the built in meter. :^)

These pictures were taken with a hand held D60 using auto focus. It was just a simple test to try out the different lenses. The pictures were taken two days after the Blue Moon. They have not been altered except to crop them to the same size.

This was partially driven by my recent journey into non-standard lenses. I have been given some old Topcon lenses (25mm f3.5, 87-205 f4.7, 300mm f5.6). I'm still working to find the right adapters to use them with the Nikons.

I will also be moving into the realm of medium format lenses mounted on the Nikons. I have found both sift and tilt adapters for the medium format glass. This will result in some very special purpose setups but the price point is right.

So after all this rambling... These test shots were in preperation to getting the old and new lenses mounted on my cameras.

No comments:

Post a Comment